SYNTHESIS OF SENTENCES Exercise- 1


Join the following sentences without using 'and', 'but', 'so' or 'because':

1- My mother was very much delighted. She had heard of my father's safe arrival.

2- It was a very busy day. I could not find time to have a talk with my friend.

3- I gave him a rupee. He blessed me. 

4- He refused to listen to their proposals. His refusal was firm.

5- The Sikh power fell to pieces. Ranjit Singh's reign was over.

6- Many are interviewed. Few are chosen.

7- We heard that the enemy was approaching. This news alarmed us.

8- The nation cannot be poor. Truth is valued there above everything else.

9- The wolf fell. He died there at once.

10- John is a clever child. The other children are not so clever.

11- Humayun was defeated. He fled from the battle on his horse.

12- Julius Caesar was murdered. He was a great Roman general statesman.

13- Swati received my note. She sent her reply within a week.

14- Ronit is intelligent. His friends like him.

15-The boy got a scolding from his teacher. He started crying.

16- She was insulted. She left the room.

17- He amused the children. He showed them tricks.

18- He must not be late. He will be punished.

19- The monsoon failed. There was a severe drought.

20- Sarah was absent without leave. She was not allowed to take her examination.

21- He gave me a key. I opened my box with it.

22- Sandhya sent me a gift yesterday. I was very pleased with it.

23- She found the purse at last. It was on the table.

24- Shawn may run fast. He cannot catch the train.

25- They were waiting for a bus. They saw two cars collide.


ANSWERS:
1- My mother was very much delighted on hearing of my father's safe arrival.

2- It was too busy a day for me to find time to have a talk with my friend.

3- I gave him a rupee for which he blessed me.

4- He firmly refused to listen to their proposals.

5- The Sikh power fell to pieces after Ranjit Singh's reign was over.

6- Although many are interviewed yet few are chosen.

7- We were alarmed on hearing the news that the enemy was approaching.

8- The nation where truth is valued above everything else cannot be poor.

9- On falling, the wolf died there at once.

10- John is cleverer than the other children.

11- Being defeated, Humayun fled from the battle on his horse.

12- Julius Caesar, a great Roman general statesman was murdered.

13- On receiving my note, Swati sent her reply within a week.

14- Ronit's friends like him for his intelligence.

15- The boy started crying on getting scolded by his teacher.

16- She left the room on being insulted.

17-He amused the children by showing them tricks.

18- He must not be late else he will be punished.

19- Since the monsoon failed, there was a severe drought.

20- Sarah was not allowed to take her examination as she was absent without leave.

21- He gave me a key with which I opened my box.

22- I was pleased with the gift Sandhya sent me yesterday.

23- She found her purse at last which was on the table.

24- Shawn may run fast yet he cannot catch the train.

25- They saw two cars collide while they were waiting for a bus.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TRANSFORMATION OF SENTENCES Exercise- 2

PREPOSITIONS Exercise- 2