TRANSFORMATION OF SENTENCES Exercise- 2


1- Try as he will, he can't beat me at tennis.
Begin- However..........

2- Must you close the piano with a bang?
Begin- Do..........

3- I did everything to persuade Ashok to come with us, but had no success.
Begin- Nothing..........

4- I am ashamed I behaved rather badly yesterday.
Begin- I must apologize...........

5- She went nowhere without her faithful guard dog.
Begin- Her...........

6- Although Ramesh is poor, he is dishonest.
Begin- Poor as..........

7- That is all I know of the case.
Begin- Beyond that, ...........

8- Prakash was not at all sorry for what he had done, he actually looked quite pleased.
Begin- Far from.........

9- I saw you in the market yesterday.
Use Question Tag

10- Godhuli was most interested in music.
Begin- Nothing......

11- Come what may, we will go tomorrow.
Begin- Whatever........

12- He never stole again after he was caught once.
Begin- Having........

13- As soon as the train arrived, the passengers crowded into the compartment.
Begin (i)- No sooner..........
Begin (ii)- Hardly..........

14- Both his parents do not like pop music.
Begin- Neither..........

15- He won the Mathematics as well as the essay prize.
Begin- Not only..........


ANSWERS:
1- However hard he tries, he cannot beat me at tennis.

2- Do you need to close the piano with a bang?

3- Nothing I did could persuade Ashok to come with us.

4- I must apologize for behaving badly yesterday.

5- Her faithful guard dog went everywhere with her.

6- Poor as Ramesh is, he is dishonest.

7- Beyond that, I know nothing about the case.

8- Far from being sorry for what he had done, Prakash actually looked quite pleased.

9- I saw you in the market yesterday, didn't I?

10- Nothing interested Godhuli as much as music.

11- Whatever may come, we will go tomorrow.

12- Having been caught once, he never stole again.

13 (i)- No sooner did the train arrive than the passengers crowded into the compartment.
(ii)- Hardly had the train arrived when the passengers crowded into the compartment.

14- Neither of his parents like pop music.

15- Not only did he win the Mathematics but also the essay prize.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PREPOSITIONS Exercise- 2