TRANSFORMATION OF SENTENCES Exercise- 3


1- We never imagined that she would win the prize.
Begin- Little..........

2- Although he was used to bad weather, the pilot became nervous in the storm.
Begin (i)- In spite........
Begin (ii)- Despite.......

3- If he is not fit, he won't play next month.
Begin- Unless.........

4- As soon as I lifted the load, I felt a pain in my back.
Begin (i)- No sooner..........
Begin (ii)- Hardly........

5- He managed to pay off all his debts, as well as make a big profit last year.
Begin- Not only..........

6- My brother has a heavy built yet he is quite light on his feet.
Begin- In spite............

7- Write neatly or I will refuse to read your work.
Begin- If...........

8- The policeman said, "If you don't open the door, I will break it down."
Reported speech. (Change the narration)

9- She is going to marry Peter.
Use- married

10- If you do this in a hurry, you will make a mistake.
Begin- To avoid...........

11- She has difficulty in saving money.
Begin- It is difficult.........

12- The pupils are sharpening their pencils.
Begin- The pencils..........

13- Waste not, want not.
Begin- If..........

14- The boat turned over and we were all thrown into the raging water.
Use- threw

15- Hari is not stronger than Kamal.
Begin- Kamal..........


ANSWERS:
1- Little did we imagine that she would win the prize.

2 (i)- In spite of being used to bad weather, the pilot became nervous in the storm.
(ii)- Despite being used to bad weather, the pilot became nervous in the storm.

3- Unless he is fit, he won't play next month.

4(i)- No sooner did I lift the load than I felt a pain in my back.
(ii)- Hardly had I lifted the load when I felt a pain in my back.

5- Not only did he manage to pay off all his debts but also made a big profit last year.

6- In spite of having a heavy built, my brother is light on his feet.

7- If you do not write neatly, I'll refuse to read your work.

8- The policeman threatened me that if I did not open the door, he would break it down.

9- She is going to get married to Peter.

10- To avoid making a mistake, do not do this in a hurry.

11- It is difficult for her to save money.

12- The pencils are being sharpened by the pupils.

13- If you do not waste, you will not want.

14- The boat turned over and threw us all into the raging water.

15- Kamal is stronger than Hari.  OR  Kamal is as strong as Hari.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TRANSFORMATION OF SENTENCES Exercise- 2

PREPOSITIONS Exercise- 2